Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Translating, Good, Bad Or Something In-between?

Hi everyone!
Do you need help sometimes with translating your posts, reviews,website, blogs etc?
Well, even if you don´t maybe you want to read something written in another language that you would like to know more about.
So what can one do to get help quickly? Search the web of course, to find a quick, accurate and maybe free service.


I don´t like giving negative reviews of anything unless it really is a problem. After all we have a free choice, but if you are like me, you don´t want the translation of your good work to be gibberish (nonsense) do you?
Nor did I, so I took the opportunity to contact the suppliers of one webtranslator and explain that what came up in the translation panel was absolute nonsense. (I don´t really need a translator myself, but   testing these services, because I have often seen some very odd translations on the web and  thought that maybe some of my non english readers would like to know where to go for the best free translation results.

My advice is google, much better translations in my opinion (although it´s always a good idea to check and correct any mishaps( there usually are some!) and if you are translating from your own language to english check the result, before you publish!

Google's translator tool kit is an advanced tool based on real translations, google translate is "machine based information" but it is quick and you can  find alternative words that might fit you subject better than the proposed word that shows up first.
Google also offers you the possibility to use google chrome as your web browser which supports automatic translation. I havn't tested this, but it might be useful too. 
Be aware! You don´t want your hard work ruined by bad translation!

No comments:

The News of Today

Statcounter